Alkaline Foods List
Choosing Foods on the Alkaline Foods List
Find out what foods are on the alkaline foods list before dieting.
When eating to maintain a healthy body pH, many dieters get confused as to what foods belong on their alkaline foods list. An alkaline diet is one that is composed primarily of foods that produce an alkalizing effect on the human body. These diets can help an individual regain control of their health, while working to prevent future disease.
Because the human body is an alkaline environment, an excessive amount of acid in one’s system can be extremely dangerous. The body should be about a 7.4 to 7.6 on the pH scale, which is measured from one to fourteen, one being highly acidic and fourteen being highly alkaline. If the body falls from the normal 7.4 to a 6.9 on the pH scale, an individual may become comatose or even die.
What Foods Should Be Included in an Alkaline Diet?
When maintaining one’s body pH, it is important to carefully monitor food choices. One’s diet should be primarily made up of foods that have an alkaline forming effect, such as:
● Vegetables: Green vegetables, salad vegetables, and sea vegetables, as well as carrots, beets, cauliflower, cucumber, eggplant, mushrooms, onions, parsnips, peppers, radishes, potatoes, watercress, and wheat grass
● Fruits: most dried fruits, avocado, cherries, coconuts, lemons, limes, and tomatoes
● Protein: tofu, almonds, whey protein, chestnuts, and tempeh
● Spices: garlic, cinnamon, chili power, curry, ginger, sea salt, miso, and herbs
● Legumes and Grains: buckwheat, granulated soy, soy beans, soy flour, soy nuts, spelt, and white beans
● Fresh fruit and vegetable juices, herbal teas, and unpasteurized milk
However, since it is not possible to meet one’s complete nutritional needs when consuming only alkaline producing foods, it is important to also include some acid rich foods into one’s diet. These foods should include:
● Red meat
● Peanut butter
● Dairy, like pasteurized milk and processed cheese
Eating to control pH is not always the easiest thing to do. Maintaining a healthy body pH means that dieters must be willing to reduce the amount of soda, processed foods, sugary foods, and high fat foods, as well as many healthy foods, in their diet. Fortunately, the alkaline foods list does contain many tasty choices, so that one never has to feel deprived.
FREE ALKALINE DIET GUIDE & RECIPES ACCESS
We respect your privacy and HATE SPAM as much as you do. So, we promise to never sell or distribute your e-mail address to anyone.